Vietnam 8 Days
|Price Per Person||Single Supplement|
|From $1699 AUD||$499 AUD|
|Ho Chi Minh City||Signature Saigon Hotel||3 Star local rating or similar|
|Hanoi||La Dolce Vita Hotel||3 Star local rating or similar|
|Halong Bay Cruise||Oriental Sails||or similar|
|2017 Departure Dates|
|February: 18, 25||May: 06, 13, 20, 27||August: 05, 12, 19, 26||November: 04, 11, 18|
|March: 04, 11, 18, 25||June: 03, 10, 17, 24||September: 02, 16, 23*, 30*|
|April: 01*, 08*, 15*, 22*, 29||July: 01*, 08*, 15*, 22, 29||October: 07*, 14, 21, 28|
- Price Guide: *Peak Season Surcharge: $200
- Interstate Surcharge: Brisbane/Adelaide $300, Perth $600 (interstate flights may be via Sydney or Melbourne)
- Stay Behind Surcharge: From $200 (subject to availability and applicable fare difference)
- Pre/Post Tour Accommodation (including breakfast): From $80/person/night (twin share), $160/person/night (single)
- Airline Upgrade (economy class for international sectors only): Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airline from $600 (subject to availability and applicable fare difference. Tip: upgrade to avoid paying the interstate & early arrival/stay behind surcharge)
- Please Note: Flight itineraries are not available until approximately 3 weeks before departure and involve transits
Tours are subject to availability and payment deadlines. Please check with your travel consultant for more details.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant city life of Ho Chi Minh City
- Savour the rural delights of the Mekong Delta
- See the remnants of the Vietnam War at the Cu Chi Tunnels
- Relax on board a traditional Vietnamese Junk while cruising the UNESCO World Heritage Halong Bay in an overnight cruise
- Enjoy a in depth full day city tour of Hanoi and its best sights
Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta, Cu Chi Tunnels, Halong Bay Cruise, Hanoi
Day 1: Fly to Ho Chi Minh City via a connecting city. Upon arrival, you will be greeted at the airport by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel.
Day 2: After breakfast, we travel by road from Ho Chi Minh City to the peaceful countryside in Ben Tre. Embark on a local boat ride on Ben Tre River – one of tributaries of the Mekong River. Stop at brickwork to see how to make brick by hand. Visit the perfume coconut garden and coconut processing workshops located along river canal and enjoy fresh fruit and coconut juice. Continue the trip by boat through criss-crossed with countless canals where they look more narrow to countryside. Walk on peaceful paths to the farmer house to see people weave mats. Take a motor cart (xe loi) or bicycle on shady road, pass by rice fields and vegetable plains discover tropical culture and real living conditions. Enjoy lunch at farmer house on the riverside. In the afternoon, board a rowing boat along water palm canal and then proceed to Ben Tre before returning to Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 3: This morning, you travel to visit Cu Chi Tunnels – known as the “Iron Triangle” during the war of the 60’s, the story of Cu Chi is one of struggle, determination against all odds, and eventual victory Arriving at the tunnels you will have an opportunity to go underground to see the intricate system of tunnels, learn tactics of revolutionary forces and understand what life was like for the Vietnamese soldiers during wartime. Then visit Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post Office, and Ben Thanh Market before transfer to the airport to catch the departure flight to Hanoi. Upon arrival, pick up and transfer to hotel.
Day 4: Travel by coach to Halong Bay and take a boat trip to explore one of the world’s great natural wonders cruising the thousands of limestone islands filled with caves of all shapes and sizes. The sails of junks and sampans gliding along the clear and emerald waters of the bay form a magnificent picturesque scene that blends with the sky. You also get a chance to visit some of the hidden grottoes beneath the towering cliffs. A seafood lunch and dinner will be served on board the charming junk. Stay overnight on board.
Day 5: Enjoy the aquamarine waters of the bay at its best as the boat continues to cruise quietly through spectacular limestone formations. Disembark from the junk at noon and return to Hanoi. Check in & free at leisure.
Day 6: Enjoy a city tour of Hanoi’s most famous sites: Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (outside view), One Pillar Pagoda, and the Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first university. Later, enjoy a cyclo ride around the Old Quarter to discover the lifestyle of locals. Enjoy a Water Puppet Show, a traditional form of Vietnamese folk art.
Day 7: After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight home via a connecting city. The trip may be over but the experiences and memories will certainly last a lifetime.
Day 8: Arrive home today.
|Hanoi||Sotel Hanoi Plaza Hotel||4 stars or similar|
|Halong||Huong Hai Sealife||4 stars or similar|
|Hoi An||Hotel Royal Hoi An||4 stars or similar|
|Saigon||Pullman Saigon Hotel||4 stars or similar|
|Siem Reap||Saem Siem Reap Hotel||4 stars or similar|
- Economy class international airfares, taxes & fuel surcharges departing Sydney or Melbourne flying Vietnam Airlines (or if not available, China Southern Airlines/Thai Airways)
- Internal flight within Vietnam
- 1 night Halong Bay cruise and 5 nights hotel accommodation
- Round trip airport and hotel transfers
- Daily meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Coach transportation
- Admissions to scenic attractions
- English speaking tour guide(s)
- Tour guide and driver tipping prepaid in Australia: $80
- Vietnam visa application fees
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Personal expenditure and anything not stated on the itinerary