Discover Taiwan 10 Days
|2016 Guaranteed Departure Dates||Price per person|
|March: 22, 29*||August: 09, 23||From $1999 AUD|
|April: 05*, 12*||September: 06*, 20*||Single Supplement $450 AUD|
|May: 17, 31||October: 04*, 18||*Peak Season Surcharge: $200|
|June: 14, 28*||November: 01, 15||^Japan extention is not available|
|July: 12*, 26*|
|Taipei||Capital Hotel Arena||4 Stars local rating or similar|
|Nantou||Cheng Pao Hotel||4 Stars local rating or similar|
|Kaohsiung||Hotel Sunshine||4 Stars local rating or similar|
|Taitung||Taitung Hoya Resort Hotel||4 Stars local rating or similar|
|Hualien||Hualien Charming City Hotel||4 Stars local rating or similar|
|New Tapei City||Amain Boutique Motel Tucheng||4 Stars local rating or similar|
- * Peak Season Surcharge: $200
- Interstate Surcharge: Brisbane/Adelaide $300, Perth $600 (interstate flights may be via Sydney or Melbourne)
- Early Arrival/Stay Behind/Stopover Surcharge: From $200 (subject to availability and applicable fare difference)
- Pre/Post-Tour Accommodation: From $160/twin room/night (subject to availability)
- Triple Share: Not available
- Child Price: Same as adult
- Visa: Australian passport holders are exempt for a stay of up to 30 days
- Airline Upgrade (economy class)~: Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong from $500, Singapore Airlines via Singapore from $740 (subject to availability and applicable fare difference)
- Premium Economy Upgrade~: Cathay Pacific from $2200 (subject to availability)
- Business Class Upgrade~: China Southern Airlines from $3000, Singapore Airlines from $4300, Cathay Pacific from $5300 (subject to availability)
- Please Note: Flight itineraries are not available until approximately 3 weeks before departure and involve transits
(~) International long haul sectors only
Tours are subject to availability and payment deadlines. Please check with your travel consultant for more details.
- Visit Taipei 101, the world’s second tallest building
- Stroll through the famous bustling Night Markets of Taiwan
- Cruise along Sun Moon Lake and experience its tranquil beauty
- Explore the largest Buddhist monastery in Taiwan, Foguangshan Monastery
- Immerse yourself in the natural splendour of Taroko National Park
Taipei, Nantou, Taichung, Kaohsiung, Kenting, Taitung, Hualien, Taroko
Day 1: Fly to Taipei via a connecting city. Note: Some flights may depart one day after.
Day 2: Arrive in Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, you will be warmly greeted at the airport by your local tour guide and transferred to your hotel. Standard hotel check in time is 3pm.
Day 3: Taipei (B, D) Today’s highlight is a visit to the Presidential Building (outside) and Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall. Explore the National Palace Museum which has the world’s largest Chinese art and antiques collection, followed by a Taiwanese Handicraft Centre where you can purchase Taiwanese souvenirs. This afternoon, visit Tamsui – a laidback waterfront town on the northern part of Taipei city. Enjoy lunch today at Tamsui Old Street, where you can feast on many famous Taiwanese snacks. In the evening, explore the bustling night life of Taipei. Have a traditional Taiwanese Local Dinner after visiting the oldest temple in Taiwan – Longshan Temple. Then proceed to the most colourful night market in Taiwan – Huahsi Night Market.
Day 4: Taipei Nantou (B, L) This morning travel to Sun Moon Lake, located in the middle of Taiwan , and situated 762 meters above sea level in the lofty mountains of central Taiwan. Stop at the famous Wenwu Temple (Literature Warrior Temple – dedicated to Confucius, the Master of Pen and Kuan Ti, the Master of Sword). Then head to the pier and gently cruise on a boat over Sun Moon Lake for a view of Xuanguang Temple & Lalu Island as you relax on its tranquil waters. Note: Your tour guide may adjust the activities for this day subject to weather and other limitations.
Day 5: Nantou Taichung Kaohsiung (B) After breakfast, we will head south towards Kaohsiung and arrive at Fo Guang Shan Buddha Memorial Centre (BMC). Completed in 2011, BMC has been enshrining the Buddha’s relic, given by Tibetan Lama Kunga Dorje Rinpoche since the beginning of contraction in 2001. We will be spending most of our day at this place to enjoy the serene atmosphere and leisurely explore the entire area. Later we will be entering into Kaohsiung City and explore one of the local night markets.
Day 6: Kaohsiung Kenting Taitung (B, D) The highlight today is a visit to Kenting National Park, Taiwan’s first nationally recognised park and undoubtedly one of the most spectacular landscapes you will see. Be awestruck by the vastness of the natural reserve and stand on the southernmost tip of the island at Maopitou and Eluanbi Lighthouse, also known as The Light of East Asia’ as its light intensity is one of the most powerful along the Taiwan coast. This afternoon, head to Kenting Main Street in the heart of Kenting, an area bustling with locals, tourists and vendors. Spend lunch time discovering the numerous stalls and restaurants offering a variety of local snacks and cuisines. Travel up the scenic Southern Link Highway to Taitung Country.
Day 7: Taitung Hualien (B, L, D) The highlight today is a visit the East Coast National Scenic Area, known as Taiwan’s Last Unspoiled Land, stretching 170 kilometres down the east coast of Taiwan. Weathering and erosion have produced a wide range of breathtaking landforms here which can only be experience first-hand. Stop at Siao-ye- liou, San-sien- tai (Three Immortals Island), Shi-ti-ping (Stone Steps) and take in the spectacular views. Proceed to Hualien this afternoon.
Day 8: Hualien Taroko Taipei (B, L) Today’s highlight is a visit to Taroko National Park. Just 15km north of Hualien lies Taroko Gorge, Taiwan’s top tourist destination. The park covers over 120,000 hectares and rises from sea level in the east to over 3700m further west. The aquamarine Liwu River cuts through the centre, forging deep slit valleys before joining the sea. Take in the majestic scenery of the Taroko Gorge, a place that has to be seen to be believed. Visit the Eternal Spring Shrine, Swallow Grotto, Shakadong Trail, Marble Bridge and the Marble Factory before returning to Taipei City. Experience soaring heights at the tallest building in Taiwan, Taipei 101 (admission fee at your own expense payable to the guide).
Day 9: After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight home via a connecting city.
Day 10: Arrive home this morning.
- Economy class international airfares, taxes and fuel surcharges departing Sydney or Melbourne flying China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines or China Airlines (subject to availability)
- 7 nights hotel accommodation (twin/double occupancy)
- Daily meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Coach transportation
- Round trip airport and hotel transfers
- Entrance fees to scenic attractions
- English speaking tour guide(s) service
- Tipping and gratuities prepaid in Australia: $80
- Optional Taipei 101 Observatory Fee: From $25 payable to the guide
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Personal expenditure and anything not stated