Japan Land of the Rising Sun 11 Days
|2016 Guaranteed Departure Dates||Price per person|
|08 May**^||14 Aug*||From $2799 AUD|
|15 May**^^||11 Sep**||*Peak Season Surcharge: Mar, Apr, Sep & Oct $200|
|19 Jun||23 Oct**||**Peak Season Surcharge: May, Sep & Oct $500|
|31 Jul*||13 Nov*||^Only Korea extension is available|
- Interstate Surcharge: Departing Brisbane/Adelaide $300, Perth $600
- Cathay Paciflc Upgrade Surcharge: From $500 (Tip: upgrade to avoid paying the interstate surcharge & stay behind surcharge)
- ^^South Korea and Taiwan extensions are not available
- Stay Behind Surcharge: From $300 (subject to availability and applicable fare difference)
- Post/Pre Tour Accommodation: From $350/room/night (twin-share)
- Note: Triple-share is not available for this tour
Tours subject to availability unless sold out prior. Please check all prices, availability and other information with your travel consultant prior to booking.
- Explore the modern city Osaka, boisterous nightlife & herty street food
- Pray for your fortunes at the World Heritage listed Kiyomizu-dera Temple
- Feed the gentle Sika deer at Nara Park
- Race to Mount Fuji on a high speed Shinkansen bullet train
- Drink from clear springs at the foothills of Mount Fuji
- Loosen your muscles & overnight at a traditional hot spring hotel
Day 1: Take an international flight from Australia to Osaka.
Day 2: Arrive in Osaka. Your friendly tour guide will be waiting at the airport to transfer you to the airport hotel.
Day 3: Osaka Kyoto Osaka (B, L) This morning, travel to Kyoto and visit the UNESCO World Heritage Kiyomizu-dera Temple and drink to your fortune from the streams of the Otowa Waterfall. Later, visit Kinkakuji: Golden Pavilion, a Zen temple and World Heritage site with two floors covered entirely in thin layers of pure gold and detailed architecture incorporating three distinct styles of Shinden, Samurai and Zen.
Day 4: Osaka (B) Spend today free at your own leisure. You may spend the day visiting one of Osaka’s most famous landmarks, Osaka Castle; which played a major role in the uniffcation of Japan during the sixteenth century of the Azuchi-Momoyama period.
Day 5: Osaka Nara Mount Fuji (B, L, D) This morning, travel to Nara and visit Todaiji Temple, one of Japan’s most famous temples, with its Great Buddha Hall housing the world’s largest bronze statue of the Buddha Vairocana. Also visit Nara Park, where over 1,200 wild sika deer roam free before heading onwards to Kyoto, one of the country’s oldest cities, before travelling onwards to Mount Fuji by bullet train (Max. speed 320km/h).
Day 6: Mount Fuji Hakone Tokyo (B, L, D) Today, visit Oshino Hakkai. Known as the Springs of Mount Fuji, the eight ponds are fed by melting snow ffltering down from the slopes of nearby Mount Fuji, through porous layers of lava, resulting in very clear spring water that is revered by the locals. Later, visit Gotemba Peace Park to capture a breathtaking view of Mount Fuji, before taking a cruise on Lake Ashi, and savour the numerous delights of nature. Travel to Hakone, visit Owakudani Valley, an active volcanic zone with hot springs and hot spring rivers.
Day 7: Tokyo (B) Spend today free at your own leisure. You may visit one of the many local parks to enjoy the natural beauty of Tokyo.
Day 8: Tokyo (B) Spend today free at your own leisure. You may visit of the world’s busiest intersections – Shibuya Crossing. Or go and watch a Sumo Wrestling competition.
Day 9: Tokyo (B, L, D) Visit Meiji Shrine in the morning, dedicated to the deiffed spirits of Emperor Meiji and his consort, Empress Shoken. Later, stroll through the Asakusa Kannon Temple, one of Tokyo’s most colourful and popular temples and browse for souvenirs at Nakamise Shopping Street. Relax on a Sumida River Cruise before arriving at Hama-Rikyu, a beautiful landscape garden in central Tokyo. Your last stop today is Tokyo Tower, before heading to Narita Airport hotel for a good night’s sleep. (Upgrade to CBD hotel $150/room/night, hotel airport transfer is not included)
Day 10: Tokyo Australia (B) Spend the morning at your own leisure before transferring to the airport for your flight back to Australia.
Day 11: Arrive home this morning. B = Breakfast L = Lunch
|Osaka||Kansai Airport Washington Hotel||4 stars or similar|
|Osaka||Osaka Daiichi Hotel||4 stars or similar|
|Mount Fuji||Rich Lake Hotel||4 stars or similar|
|Tokyo||Tokyo Dome Hotel||4 stars or similar|
|Tokyo||Marroad International Hotel Narita||4 stars or similar|
- International flights with China Southern Airlines departing Sydney or Melbourne
- Taxes and fuel surcharge
- 8 nights 4 star hotel accommodation
- All meals as indicated
- Coach Transportation
- English speaking tour guide(s) service
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Personal expenses
- Tipping & Gratuities – total $100 (pre-paid)
- Bullet Train from Kyoto to Mount Fuji $180 (pre-paid)